Whether you want to co-work alongside fellow digital nomads for a week in paradise or immerse yourself locally and experience new adventures, a curated digital nomad and remote work retreat offers the community, resources, and inspiration you need to level up your laptop lifestyle.
Adventure, connection, entrepreneurship—whatever it is you seek, these types of workation programs endeavor to deliver the best of the best.
Think of it as a leveled-up vacation; you’re not there just to have fun, but to do some serious internal work and self-growth too, both personal and professional.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links that may earn me a small commission should you decide to click through and make a valid purchase (at no extra cost to you). Thanks so much for your support!
Many folks who join these types of nomadic retreats or curated residencies walk away forever changed.
On a digital nomad retreat, you might…
- Strike a new business idea
- Spark a sweet romance with a stranger
- Get your project noticed by an investor
- Form a life-long friendship (or a few!)
- Build a new brand from scratch
- Change directions completely in your personal life
- Strengthen your sense of self, confidence, and spirituality
These are just examples of the very many outcomes you could gain from attending a digital nomad retreat.
In short, these programs have the power to evoke positive change in your life and, more often than not, your investment is rewarded handsomely (in more ways than one).
There are more digital nomad retreats popping up each year, but no two are alike—this round-up of remote work retreats is proof of that! As you’ll see, each program has its own special offerings and spice. ✨
In this guide, I’m sharing some of the most popular retreats and workations for digital nomads and adventure seekers (and no, you don’t have to already be a digital nomad to attend!).
Don’t get FOMO, here are some of the best digital nomad retreats to attend around the world! 💻
The Best Digital Nomad Retreats
Nurall — Remote Work + Travel Retreats
📍 Where: Goa, Himachal, Bangalore (India), Thailand, Tulum, Miami, and more
💻 What: Coworking/Community, Wellness (i.e. yoga, journaling, life coaching, etc), Local Experiences
💵 Cost: Varies; expect between $900 and $1500 USD
If you’re looking for a digital nomad retreat that walks the talk, check out Nurall.
I had the pleasure of experiencing their flagship Nurall Goa Residency in India and really can stand behind the ethos and vision of not only the company but the passion and energy that each team member brings to the table.
What to expect on a Nurall residency:
- Cultural immersion, local activities
- Accommodation, plus some meals & transport
- Workation (deep work time for remote work)
- Community & networking with group icebreakers and “Claim Your Freedom” workshops
- Mindfulness & wellness through yoga, journaling, and more!
What is unique about Nurall is its diverse community, off-beat vibe, and balance of work and play.
In other words, the retreats don’t only gather existing nomads that all look alike together; there is a cool, diverse mix of people already living the lifestyle and those who aren’t. It creates a nice balance and group dynamic.
Two more things about Nurall that I really appreciate are:
1. Their choice of destinations is not on the “typical” nomad retreat trail (i.e. Goa, Bangalore, Khao Lak) and,
2. Their adaptability to the destination—not every retreat is simply copied and pasted from the previous one. There’s always something new to learn and experience. For example, their upcoming 2-week Thailand retreat will be all about mental and physical training through Muay Thai.
In sum: If you’re looking for community/fun, downtime for remote work, and cultural immersions unique to the destination, join a Nurall retreat!
(PS — Nurall has the best price/value offer compared to many other digital nomad retreats offering similar programs!)
Unsettled — Remote Work x Adventure Retreats
📍 Where: Varies; upcoming retreats in Thailand, Spain, Italy
💻 What: Adventure, Remote Work, Productivity/Collaboration, Local Adventures
💵 Cost: From $2500–$3000 USD
Having hosted over 2,500 people from 80+ countries and “embracing the unknown since 2014”, Unsettled has been a leader in the nomad/cowork retreat world since before the digital nomad “boom” really began.
Simply said, these guys live and breathe the adventurous, curious, nomadic lifestyle they sell in their retreats.
From their liveaboard dive retreat in Thailand to their food and wine retreat in Italy, Unsettled endeavors to bring coveted destinations to life through unforgettable adventure experiences. I mean, “no borders, no boundaries, and no bullsh*it” is kinda their motto!
What you can expect from an Unsettled retreat:
- Luxury accommodation; private rooms, villas, cottages (varies per destination)
- Curated calendar of group activities & community events
- Mindfulness and wellness sessions
- Alumni perks & benefits
If you’re looking for a high-end, high-energy, high-vibe digital nomad retreat that brings together all types of folks to explore and colive together for one epic week, then you fit right in with Unsettled.
Minoma — Mindful Nomad Retreats
📍 Where: Varies; next October 14–21, 2023 in Taghazout, Morocco
💻 What: Mindfulness/Meditation, Deep Connection, Coworking
💵 Cost: Not listed; must apply to inquire
I only recently discovered Minoma (previously known as Borderless Retreats), and I’m wondering why! This company aligns and resonates with my core values of slow, mindful, responsible travel.
So far, Minoma has hosted over 30+ retreats around the world. And their 34th is coming up in Morocco! They are also doing a 4-day festival in Morocco (think Burning Man meets digital nomad retreats), so keep an eye out for that.
As for the retreat, the bulk of it is geared toward slowing down and doing inner work to realign through the 6-step Minoma Framework.
What you can expect from a Minoma Nomad Retreat:
- Morning meditation sessions & mindfulness
- An intimate group of max 10 people
- Cowork/collab workshops and 1:1 personalization
- All accommodations, meals, and activities included
These retreats are ideal for the busy traveler, entrepreneur, or creative who desires to reconnect, slow down, and align, or simply for anyone who wants to meet their “soul tribe” and build long-lasting meaningful connections in the slow living movement.
Work Wanderers — Coliving Retreats
📍 Where: Upcoming retreats in Egypt, Turkey, Bali, Thailand, South Africa
💻 What: Coworking, Digital Nomad Community, Bucket List Destinations
💵 Cost: $2000+, apply online to get waitlisted
One of the next best digital nomad retreats around the world is offered by Work Wanderers.
What’s unique about their offer unlike other companies mentioned here is you actually have three different retreat styles to choose from:
- Adventure retreats — Short, jam-packed retreats in bucket list destinations (not ideal for coworking).
- Cowork + Explore retreats — A balance of activities + coworking across 10 days.
- Coliving retreats — These are 1+ month-long stays to colive and cowork alongside fellow digital nomads.
Instead of catering to one type of digital nomad or entrepreneur, you get to choose what you’d like to get the most out of your experience.
In addition to nomad-focused retreats, Work Wanderers’ founder Andrae also offers coaching and online courses to help you personally gain clarity and grow your digital nomad business.
The Nomad Escape — Personal & Business Retreats
📍 Where: Madeira (Portugal), Europe
💻 What: Mastermind, Team Building, Exploration
💵 Cost: From €2399+
For professionals looking to take the next step in their business, check out The Nomad Escape‘s business retreats hosted in Maderia and around Europe.
These retreats bring together entrepreneurs, marketers, consultants, and creatives to share, network, and open doors together.
“Invest in yourself, expand your world” is the gist of what you can expect with The Nomad Escape.
Here’s what you’ll get when you join this business retreat:
- Mastermind workshops & skill sharing
- Networking and a community of entrepreneurs
- Luxury accommodation and group dinners
- Free time for coworking and island exploration
All that said, I wouldn’t necessarily advise joining this retreat if you are an entry-level digital nomad, but rather someone who is invested in collaborating with other entrepreneurs to get inspired and connect for a week in paradise.
Remote Year — Long-Term Remote Work Trips
📍 Where: Around the world (1 month, 4 months, 12-month trips)
💻 What: Remote Work, Community Experiences
💵 Cost: Varies, check trip lengths on their website
Finally, if you are looking to take your work on the road and travel but still be supported through curated experiences, accommodation, and coworking spaces, then check out Remote Year.
With Remote Year, you can choose between one-month or four-month stays in one destination or several, or go all out and book a 12-month journey around the world.
Either way, here’s what is included on a Remote Year Trip or Journey:
- Centrally-located apartments in XYZ destination of your choice
- 24/7 access to coworking spaces
- Support from local experts and Remote Year staff
- Complimentary airport transfers for flights between 9am–9pm
- Includes 5 community experiences in your destination
- 1-year RY travel pass membership
Remote Year is a great way to get familiar with the digital nomad lifestyle without having to figure out all of the logistics on your own. It’s not so much of a retreat as it is a program to support your remote work and travel lifestyle.
For females, solo travelers, or anyone who wishes to get started in this growing workforce of remote workers, this is a great way to do it.
Which Digital Nomad Retreat Would I Choose?
I am a long-time digital nomad so I wouldn’t necessarily join a beginner-focused retreat or program.
What I look for in a retreat is the opportunity to immerse locally and to connect with other adventurers.
I’m in it more for the connections and experiences rather than the masterminds and skill sharing (although I walk away with that anyway!).
If you are a…
- Newbie nomad — Join a retreat with Nurall as it’s low-cost and very open/welcoming to diverse backgrounds.
- Somewhat experienced nomad — Any of these retreats will level up your nomadic experience whether personal or professional.
- Long-time nomad — I’d skip the short retreats or those that are heavily focused on coworking and instead do something that raises my energy and unlocks a new perspective/mindset in my personal or business approach.
👉 I’d choose Nurall for a budget-friendly balance of work and play, Unsettled for epic adventures, Minoma for meditation and alignment, Work Wanderers or Remote Year for long stays and exploration, and The Nomad Escape for leveling up my business and entrepreneurial skills.
If you have any other digital nomad retreats or remote workation programs that you think deserve to be added to this list, let me know in the comments!
Which of these digital nomad retreat overviews resonates with you the most?
Leave a Reply