Luckily though, with this recipe you can adjust the amount of spice you want in this little but tasty snack. You are sure to know someone who would just love this treat! If so, at your next get-together, how about planning a little cultural cuisine time and discover the fresh and savory peanut sandheko – a traditional Nepali snack!
The best part about making peanut masala/sandheko is that you will be ready to eat it within minutes of preparation.
It is so simple to make and is the perfect snack to share at parties. Next time, be sure to “spice up the peanut bowl” with this recipe!
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Serves: 2
- Peanuts 100 grams
- Tomato 50 g, chopped
- Onion 50 g, chopped
- Lemon 1/2
- Green chilly 1-2 pieces, chopped
- Coriander 2 tbsp, chopped
- Garlic/ginger 2 tbsp, julienne
- Mustard oil 2 tbsp
- Chat masala to taste
- Red chilly powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Chop the tomato, onion, and green chilly
- Add all of the ingredients above in a bowl and mix well
- Let sit for a few minutes
- Taste and adjust lemon juice, chilly powder, or salt as required
- Serve on a small plate with a small spoon (how cute!)
And thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy this quick and easy Nepali recipe. I only have 3 weeks left in Nepal, but I will continue to discover the food here and will be sure to save all my recipes to share with you later!
If you try this recipe leave me a little comment below and let me know how you like it!